Day tour with the huskies / 6 hours
A day on tour with the Cold-Nose-Huskies through the wonderful winter landscape of Lapland, including a picnic stop in the heart of nature.
After we’ve said hello to our huskies, you get a short introduction to mushing, because you can be a musher on this tour, too! Two guests share their own sled, which is pulled by five or six friendly huskies. One person sits in the sled and the other takes the helm. The driver and the passenger can swap as often as they like during the tour. We put the harnesses on together and get ready to go. After a noisy start, you slide almost silently over frozen lakes and through ancient forests into the wilderness of Lapland.
We choose a nice spot to break for lunch. Our dogs have their snacks and take a breather while we enjoy a tasty picnic. Warmed by hot tea and coffee, we continue our journey through the snowy paradise.
This is the perfect tour for anyone who wants to experience wintry Lapland in the best way ever (in our humble opinion) – on the runners of a silently gliding sled pulled by our friendly winter athletes.
What do you get?
- An unforgettable sled dog tour with your own husky team with five or six huskies
- Genuine first-hand experience of the fascinating Lapland winter landscape around Gargnäs
- A tasty picnic in the heart of nature with hot drinks and Swedish pastries
- The loan of a warm thermal overall and warm winter boots
- An experienced guide
- Fascinating insights from Malin or Lars into Lapland and its countryside, the huskies, and their project
* Unsuitable weather conditions or other circumstances may make changes to the route and program necessary.
Young or old, experienced or inexperienced, individuals, couples, and small groups with average levels of health and fitness.
To steer the sled yourself a minimum age of 15 is required.
Approx. 5 – 6 hours including fitting of thermal clothing and briefing. The actual driving time can vary since it is depending on weather conditions.
What to bring:
Sunglasses, gloves or mittens, warm hat and regular winter clothing.
From December to the end of April: at any time by arrangement.
2.200 SEK / person.
Request this tour:
0046 76 534 50 92 Malin
0046 73 037 45 99 Lars